The OBJECTS of OUR CONSTITUTION
1. Wildlife care. To rescue, rehabilitate and release all species of bats with a high standard of care, as well as provide a sanctuary for some of those who cannot be released.
2. Education. Educate and raise awareness of issues affecting bats, involving
(i) bat carers and volunteers
(ii) the education community, teachers and students of all ages and disciplines.
(iii) the public health, research, scientific and veterinary communities
(iv) the general community
3. Actively seek partnerships in the community for all aspects of our work, networking with:
(i) other community groups especially those with environmental aims
(ii) public health, research, scientific, veterinary and education communities
(iii) other local. national and international bat groups
4. Habitat protection. Negotiate with landowners to facilitate the repair and protection of bat habitat, especially the Tolga Scrub.
5. Research. Support ethical research into the general ecology of bats and their management.
6. Advocacy. Advocate for conservation values of bats and their habitat.
7. Recognising the rights and responsibilities of Volunteers. Implementing an increasingly safe and harmonious volunteering environment.
8. Establishment of the Public Fund. To establish and maintain a public fund to be called the Tolga Bat Hospital Fund for the specific purpose of supporting the environmental objects/purposes of Tolga Bat Rescue and Research Inc.