To apply, please fill in the TBH Volunteer application (a Word document) and email it back to us. Take as much space as you need in filling it out. Ask as many questions as you like but please first read the Basic Info page.
If your application is successful, please read the following documents 3-5 as a comprehensive knowledge of the risk of Australian Bat Lyssavirus is essential to volunteering here. Good to read the Volunteer Information Folder on the plane, but it will be more meaningful once you are here.
1. TBH Volunteer application Please take as much space as you need to answer the questions. (Check your Download folder)
2. Volunteer Information Folder There is a lot of information here that is good for you to read before you come, and consult while you are here. (Check your Download folder)
3. WHS_vaccinated volunteer You will be required to sign this once you are here. (Check your Download folder)
4. Queensland Health website for recommendations for those working with bats.
5. General Biosecurity Obligation GBO If you choose to be involved with bats, you are expected to know about the risks of ABLV and how to minimise them. You must minimise the risk to yourself, other people, other bats, and other animals.
6. Personal Protective Equipment PPE Please read this information carefully as it is extremely important.